2012 GRAMMY® NOMINEES ALBUM GIVES MUSIC FANS A CHANCE TO ATTEND THE LIVE TELECAST IN 2013 ALBUM CONTAINS 22 TRACKS FEATURING A DIVERSE ARRAY OF ARTISTS AND MEMORABLE SONGS ALBUM AVAILABLE DIGITALLY AND IN STORES JANUARY 24, 2012
JANUARY 11, 2012 — Universal Republic Records and The Recording Academy®‘s (http://www.grammy.com) GRAMMY Recordings® have partnered to release the 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album and give a lucky music and GRAMMY fan an opportunity to attend the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2013. The album, which will be available January 24, 2012, features 22 critically acclaimed smash hits from a myriad of chart-topping artists from various genres.
The 18th edition of the best-selling collection includes many of the most widely recognized GRAMMY categories representing nominees for Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Country Album, and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. The album is made possible by a special arrangement with all of the major music distribution companies and rotates labels from year to year. A portion of the proceeds from the album benefits the MusiCares® Foundation (http://www.musicares.com) and the GRAMMY Foundation® (http://www.grammyfoundation.com) — two charitable organizations established by The Recording Academy.
Additionally, in conjunction with the 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album, Universal Republic Records and The Recording Academy will give a lucky music fan an opportunity to attend the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2013. Each 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album purchased in stores or online will include a special game piece featuring a unique entry code for the 2013 GRAMMY Ticket Game. To participate, the code must be entered at http://www.grammy.com/grammyticketgame for a chance to win a trip for two to the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2013. The second-place winner will receive a GRAMMY Awards T-shirt and the third-place winner will receive an official GRAMMY Awards poster.
The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards will be held Sunday, Feb. 12 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8 – 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
2012 GRAMMY Nominees Album Tracklist:
1. ADELE – “Rolling In The Deep” – Record Of The Year – Album Of The Year
2. BRUNO MARS – “Grenade” – Record Of The Year – Album Of The Year
3. KATY PERRY – “Firework” – Record Of The Year
4. MAROON 5 FEAT. / CHRISTINA AGUILERA – “Moves Like Jagger” – Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
5. NICKI MINAJ – “Super Bass” – Best New Artist
6. RIHANNA FEAT. DRAKE – “What’s My Name?” – Album Of The Year
7. J. COLE – “Work Out” – Best New Artist
8. LADY GAGA – “Yoü And I ” – “Album Of The Year”
9. FOSTER THE PEOPLE – “Pumped Up Kicks” – Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
10. SKRILLEX – “Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites” – Best New Artist
11. COLDPLAY – “Paradise” – Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
12. FOO FIGHTERS – “Walk” – Album Of The Year
13. THE BAND PERRY – “If I Die Young” – Best New Artist
14. MUMFORD & SONS – “The Cave” – Record Of The Year
15. BON IVER – “Holocene” – Record Of The Year – Best New Artist
16. LADY ANTEBELLUM – “Just A Kiss” – Best Country Album
17. TAYLOR SWIFT – “Mean” –Best Country Album
18. BLAKE SHELTON – “Honey Bee” – Best Country Album
19. ERIC CHURCH –“Drink In My Hand” –Best Country Album
20. THE BLACK KEYS – “Dearest” –Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
21. JASON ALDEAN WITH KELLY CLARKSON – “Don’t You Wanna Stay” –Best Country Album
22. TONY BENNETT & AMY WINEHOUSE – “Body And Soul” – Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
About Universal Republic Records
A division of Universal Music Group, the world’s largest music company, Universal Republic is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as 3 Doors Down, Amy Winehouse, Black Sabbath, Colbie Caillat, Eddie Vedder, Enrique Iglesias, Florence + the Machine, Godsmack, Owl City, The Rolling Stones, “The Voice” (NBC-TV), Gotye, Of Monsters & Men, Mayer Hawthorne, among many others.
It is comprised of innovative imprints and digital business ventures including, Republic Nashville (The Band Perry), Cash Money (Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj), Indie Pop (Dev, The Cataracs), Lava Records (Jessie J, Black Veil Brides), SRC (Akon, Melanie Fiona), Aware Records (Mat Kearney), Brushfire (Jack Johnson, G. Love), Tuff Gong (Damian Marley, Stephen Marley), Downtown (Miike Snow), among others.
About The Recording Academy
Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards — the preeminent peer-recognized award for musical excellence and the most credible brand in music — The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs. The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit http://www.grammy.com. For breaking news and exclusive content, follow @TheGRAMMYs on Twitter, like “The GRAMMYs” on Facebook, and join The GRAMMYs’ social communities on YouTube, Tumblr, Foursquare, GetGlue, and Instagram.